Employers with employees must register for an employer tax file. Through the LHDN official website the registration can be done online using a system known as e-Daftar on its portal, which is referred to as e-number or income tax reference number.
Sole Proprietorship and Partnership No. Majikan
For Sole Proprietorship or Partnership registration of an E-number at the nearest IRBM counter, the following documents need to be submitted along with the application form:
- Copy of Identification Card/Passport of Candidate/Partners
- Up-to-date audited account copy
- Form D – Certificate of Registration from CCM
- Appointment letter for a tax agent (if applicable)
- Form A – Business Information from CCM
- Acknowledgement letter from Malaysia Institute of Accountants (MIA)
- Letter from the Bar Council
- Form 12 under the Medical Act 1971
- Form Q or Form K from The Board of Valuers’ Appraisers and Estate Agents Malaysia
Sdn Bhd and Berhad Companies No. Majikan
Sdn Bhd and Berhad Companies must submit the following documents, certified by the company secretary, along with the application form to register an E-number at the nearest IRBM counter:
- A copy of the Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Two copies of Form 9 – Certificate of Registration from CCM
- Two copies of Form 13 – Change of company name (if applicable)
- Two copies of Form 49 – Name and address of the directors
- Two copies of Form 24 – List of shareholders of the company
Step-by-step guide on how to register LHDN Employer Tax File Number (No. Majikan)
The following is a step-by-step guide on how to register LHDN Employer Tax File Number (No. Majikan) through online via e-Daftar in the official LHDN website. To go to the application click on this link here.
Step 1- Click on the above link and you will come to this page.
Step 2 – Fill in the details such as the name of the employee, employer highest designation, tax reference number, and so on in the Maklumat Asas / Basic Information column. (Note that all information with “*” are required to be filled.)
Step 3 – After that, fill in the following columns that are Maklumat Pekerja / Employee Information, Maklumat Majikan, and Akuan (Pengarah/Ejen Cukai/Setiausaha Syarikat) / Declaration (Director/Tax Agent/Company Secretary).
After filling in all the information, click the “Submit” button to send your application to LHDN. You will receive the reference number between 3 to 5 working days.
FastLane offers solutions in tax compliance and strategic advisory services to individuals who seek assistance and support in dealing with Malaysia’s tax regulations. Please get in touch with us today to discuss how we can help your business meet its financial targets.